Office Visitation and Safety Procedures
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you may have noticed during your visits to our office. Our infection control procedures are implemented so that your care is both safe and comfortable. Dentistry has always been at the forefront of infection control and patient safety. As we return to the dental office, we want to highlight new additional measures and improvements we have made to ensure your safety and that of our staff.
Our office continues to follow all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association and the US. Centers for Disease Control. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You can be assured that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Please reschedule your appointment if you are or have experienced the following:
- Fever in the last 14-21 days
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- flu like symptoms such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue
- recent loss of taste or smell
- contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patient
- have traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19
You will notice some changes when it’s time for your next appointment. These changes are to help protect all of our patients and staff. Some examples include:
- Additional medical grade air filtration equipment.
- All patient handling staff is equipped with N95 rated masks as necessary and will wear additional PPE layers.
- For certain procedures – New evacuation systems to remove all aerosols and liquids in and around the mouth during procedures
- Communication with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You may be asked the same questions again when you are in the office. Your temperature may be taken when you enter the office as well.
- Hand sanitizer for you to use when you enter the office.
- The waiting room no longer offers magazines which are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointment scheduling will allow for social distancing between patients.
- You may be asked to wait outside the office or in your car to allow immediate entrance to the treatment room.
- Please call our main office line from your car or outside the office when you arrive and plan to stay in place
- Our front desk will call you when its your appointment time
- please enter with a face mask and use hand sanitizer before being seated
- Upon checkout, you may be asked to pay your bill by phone or mail
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we’ve taken to keep you safe in our practice.
We are eager to continue your dental treatment. We will continue to communicate very frequently with more detailed procedures that we will ask you to read and follow for your safety. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Thank you again for your understanding. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Temple, Dr. Kavanagh and the Temple Family Dentistry Staff